Lance is still really leary of a domestic adoption. We've had two fail and this last one was just a mess. There is a meeting at our placing agency in September that we may try to go to. They are also adding online profiles so birth moms can see us online...may make for a quicker match.
On the other hand...we are again entertaining the idea of Korea. I emailed our agency here for more info. Korean babies come into the US with an escort so we wouldn't have to go there for weeks on end. The babies are usually 7-9 months old when they arrive with their families. We'll have to pray about it and gather more information.
On a whole other note...work has been busy since our return from Florida. To top it all of I got a stomach bug on Wednesday and was out of commission the whole day. Didn't help make anything run smoothly!! The home health agency is again asking if I would quit doing early intervention to work only for them. Um....NO! I cannot imagine giving up "my kids". I am risking not having a job with them in the future if they feel they need a full time PT. That is a risk I can take...working with these babies and their families is really my passion! After all, I only have 2 years here and the home health office in our county hasn't grown enough in the 9 months of being open to justify a full time PT. It may not not even happen for another year. Okay...sorry to ramble. It has been one of those weeks. It was great to be back at work and reconnect with all of those little ones and their families!!
Pray for our continued decisions about our adoption process. There are babies here in the US that need a home, but the process is so risky...that is why many families go intercountry. Can you blame them?
1 comment:
still praying for God's best for you all.
i'm thankful we're friends.
Post a Comment