Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hurricane Relief

We went to Mississippi in 2005 with a couple of friends of ours to take a trailer full of supplies after the devastation of Katrina. Well...we are planning another trip. I think we will plan to go the weekend of the 13th. That gives us 2 weeks to gather much needed supplies to the people of the Gulf Coast. Last time they were happy to receive baby items: diapers, wipes, formula; toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine products. We are watching the church website in Mississippi that we delivered to last time. I feel like I need to sit on my hands to keep from preparing to go. I was already asking Lance about our trip this morning. We need to wait to see where we can take supplies and where the hardest places are hit. I wish I had more time to give them help, but this is all we can do. (No vacation time to be off of work.) Lance may go down for a week later in the semester with the seminary people.

We have been praying that this hurricane would somehow dissolve into nothing. If that is not possible, then please, dear Lord have mercy on those being affected by this storm.

No comments: