Monday, April 21, 2008

Alabaster Jar

Tonight during our Communion Service we discussed and reflected on the wedding at Cana. Jesus turned the water into wine...not just any wine the best wine. The water in the jars had been used to wash hands...quite yucky.

During a quiet time of reflection, I tried to find what I was to get out of this scripture...and it came to me. Initially I thought about the yucky water that I feel I am at times (we all do) and that Jesus turns me into the BEST wine. (It is more of a work in progress than a lightening bolt miracle.)

Then to take it a bit further. The six or so years of loss and infertility are much of a blur to us. I see it as a time of yucky water. Loss, infertility, meds, financial strain.... But Jesus is turning that into wine. We have been so blessed in our move here and now we are getting a chance to add to our family. WOW!

I have been feeling so guilty that this has become the happiest I have been in a long time. I am content and filled with pure joy. There are many unhappy people here, grieving a former life...grieving what was. I know this is the best of the best. Life in ministry is hard, busy and stressful at times. This is a time to live in peace and contentment, preparing for what lies ahead.

Tonight one of the ladies said that Jesus turned water into wine for the guests at the wedding while others were outside hungry and thirsty. We should be grateful for the blessings from God.

So, I say thank you to my God for the many blessings he has given me.

No comments: