Grandpa is in the ICU fighting septic shock (a major all over body/blood infection) and I am here...six hours away. I don't worry so much about him as he is in good hands. I wish I were there to help my mom. Jennifer has the new baby and is adjusting to life with 3 children. I wish I could just be there. They do a great job of keeping me up to date; it is just hard.
My friends here understand this struggle so well and I am very thankful for them. I received an e-mail this morning from Sherry with the following verse:
"God is our safe place and our strength. He is always our help when we are in trouble. So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and the mountains fall into the center of the sea, and even if its waters go wild with storm and the mountains shake with its action." Psalm 46:1-3
Needless to say, I printed this.
Our Stephen Ministry training last night was awesome and we spoke a lot about handling hard times and where God stands in the midst of strife and heartache. Our group is becoming quite close and they have a neat perspective on things.
No comments:
Post a Comment