Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Roots and wings

That's what my mom says we have to give our children. Roots to stay grounded in the values we teach them, but wings to fly! This week and next a few of my "KY babies" are starting school as 3 year olds. While they aren't my children, I feel so connected to these children as I have said in previous posts. Thier parents are feeling the anxiety of putting their children in school and I am feeling so proud of these little ones for yet another accomplishment in their lives. This is another step for them and one that I have helped them plan for...sometimes for months before reaching this day. It doesn't just happen when school starts. We've had meetings, testing, sometimes tears and frustration, but mostly preparation...in head, heart and physically!! (I think for the moms: mosly heart preparation.) There's such a sense of accomplishment that this day is here and we've made it! I'll say a prayer for my "babies" this week and mostly for the moms as they learn to give their little ones wings.

1 comment:

Blog Squad @ Kids Matter said...

Laurie - you are a huge part of us gettign to this point and we will forever be in debt to you. There is no way to ever repay the joy and accomplishments you have assisted us with. We love and miss you an dTy just threw you a big kiss!