We are at Annual Conference and have been completely immersed into this world of Pastor/Pastor's Wife. Lance is busy with meetings, commissioning, being voted on yet again and I am the wife. It's kindof a wierd place to be. I am not the seminary spouse, not the working spouse...I am the "GUEST". HUH? Am I not the one who has worked for 4 years to put this man through seminary to get us here? The guest. No coming forward with him, no praying over him...I get to stand at my seat and support him as he is commissioned. It's a bit lonely.
Not sure what life will look like when we get to our new home and Lance takes his job in the church. Not sure how I will fit into this new role. I can say that everyone we have met in our new area have been so nice!! Much like our current home. That will make our transition much easier!!
On a side note...our Bishop took a few moments to pray for those affected in the Gulf. Since our church is in the Gulf, we were most appreciative of this!! Our prayer is for God to direct us in how to help those in our church heal from this tragedy. As for now...we'll just pray...HARD!!!
Tonight Lance will get commissioned in the robe I made for him. I sewed it from scratch!!! As I stitched it together I prayed for this man, my husband, that will wear this robe to bless the bread, to marry, maybe to baptize and to bury. So after tonight, he will be a Pastor in the eyes of the Methodist Church and I guess that makes me the Pastor's wife.
4 comments:
Awwww man! Does that mean that I am a Pastor's kid...or PK???? Please tell me that I'm not!!!!
Yes you are a PK now!
I appreciate all of Laurie's hard work and support. I'm a lucky man!
If GUEST means creative partner and lover and friend and personal tailor and confidante, then...YES. I guess that's you! They couldn't fit all of that on your name tag.
P.S. Still such a tension in the term "pastor's wife." Used to mean unpaid (and unacknowledged) coworker. Now, too much distance (i.e. "Guest") creates the same feeling of de-valuation. I'm glad you have a husband who will not treat you that way.
Post a Comment