Sunday, June 20, 2010

A family of 18,000




At least that's how many Christian family members joined together in worship this past weekend at our annual Ichthus festival at the edge of town. Lance & I were blessed to assist in prayer ministry, praying with others in need and those accepting Christ for the first time. It is a humbling experience to be in this ministry with such trusting people that have never met us before.

Saturday is the night for Communion and the hush over the crowd of 18,000 makes it such a Holy moment. After we hand out the Communion cups to this large crowd, we partake of this sacrament together...all of us: young people, older people, those from all walks of life. Then, hands joined, we join in union in saying the Lord's Prayer. It is beautiful!! It can almost not be described in words. Lance said it is a glimpse of what heaven must be like and I think he is right. I hope we have the chance to come back to Ichthus again some day!!

No comments: