Sunday, May 23, 2010

Graduation



Yes...Lance graduated this weekend. It was a rich weekend...full of happiness, friends, family and yes, a few tears. The day itself was a day to sit back and reflect on the last four years. I remember how scared we were when we came here and how unsure we were of how things would work out. I did not have a job, Lance was returning to school, Jordan missed her family and friends in Illinois. It was a rough first year. But then, almost as if unexpectedly, this became home. I thank God that the uncertainty didn't last long. He was faithful in taking care of us and bringing us into a community of a new sort of "family". This family came from all over the nation...and world!

So, I sat back and remembered the last four years and they will remain a truly spiritual, rich, and wonderful time in my life. The friends we have made here will be a part of us forever. The lessons we have learned are priceless. The growth we have had is unmeasurable. I am thankful for the opportunity we had in being a seminary family. And as our dear president put it...now we must move on.

I am very thankful that both sets of parents were able to make the trip to be part of our special weekend. It was a special time to spend with them!!

So, congratulations to my sweet husband, Lance. This degree is quite an accomplishment!! It has been a great four years!!

No comments: