Today I am wishing I could bottle up the things I will miss about the little ones I work with here: the giggles, the smiles...the hugs. I wish I could take them with me for times when I miss them and wonder how they are doing.
I feel so completely blessed to have been a part of these children's lives, if even for a short time. As I have driven around this week thinking about some of these precious babes, I have felt so humbled by the experiences I have had. I have watched several of them sit on their own, crawl and take first steps. I've cried with their moms and prayed for them in times of illness. Their families have allowed me to come into their homes and invade their personal space. They opened their lives to the possibility of someone to help and along the way became part of my heart.
I will not forget these precious little ones, those smiles, those giggles or those hugs. I know there are more little ones awaiting my arrival when we move. There will be more first steps and moments to cherish, but today I feel sad because today I have to say goodbye. To those families that have stepped into my heart, you are truly amazing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment