Last night Lance was inducted into Theta Phi at a nice dinner at a local country club. We really didn't know how he got nominated and during the ceremony this was explained. They take the top some percent of students with the highest grades and then the list is given to faculty to pick the new members of the honor society. My buttons popped as Lance was given his certificate!!
The evening was nice. We met a new couple, got reaquainted with some friends and enjoyed a good dinner. The speaker of the evening was well versed in John Wesley and spoke well. OKAY...at one point I almost busted out laughing...I didn't understand much of what he said. TOO FUNNY! I felt as though I was in a different dimension or something. One bullet for his talk says, "Epistemic Humility as an Intellectual Virtue". HUH!?!? The good thing is that all of this education Lance is getting here has helped because he understood everything!
All in all we had a great night and I am so proud of my hubby! Way to go, Lance!
1 comment:
Way to go Lance!!! Congrats!
I with you on the epistemic humility, those are really big words. I think I've been hanging around the sandbox set too long!
Post a Comment