Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A beautiful fall (?) day...














Feels more like winter....27 degrees today with a high of only 35! We had some snow last night, just a dusting, but two counties in the southeast part of the state are on a delay for school this morning.

We ran up to the seminary to get pictures of the famous ginko trees. The leaves fall like rain (see attachted photos). The other two years we have been here, the leaves have fallen on a day I worked. I got to see it this year and get some good pictures!! This is a great photo op for people, but too bad it is so cold this year. Brrr...I think I need some coffee.

4 comments:

Angela said...

We went to play in the leaves at 10am this morning - - all of them had already fallen! We had so much fun though - they are gorgeous!

Jen said...

Cute pictures looks like fun!
But how do you know when they are going to fall?

Unknown said...

We know they are going to fall because after the first frost, we watch the trees every day. We call it the daily "tree report". We knew to go out early this morning (8 am) cuz Lance called and said, "The leaves are falling." In two hours time the trees were bare! :)

Jen said...

Wow that is fast. That would raking easier if they fall all at once, rather than for weeks.
I finished reading My Sister's Keeper not going to spoil it but - so did not expect the ending!