Thursday, November 13, 2008

Contemplative thought...

I've been asked to tell my story at a "Blue Christmas" service here in December. Not the part of the story about loss and grief, but the part about victory over pain. The victory in Jesus through comfort and healing. I have a lot of time to think while driving about the area. A song on the radio keeps reverberating in my head. "Here I Am" by Downhere. In the chorus it states, "Somehow my story is part of your plan". It is neat to look back on the last ____ years of my life and see how it has been shaped and molded to bring me right here...to this place...right now. I feel that if I can touch one person's heart through my experiences, then what we went through wasn't in vain.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

1 comment:

Jen said...

You have already help one person - me. You were the light that shined on my very dark journey, I know there are other that will benefit from your story. So go out there and be a light to someone else and when you hear that little voice say "you go girl" that's me cheering you on!