
I know I've blogged about this before, but I think that having complete trust in God is a constant spiritual growth for me. I trust Him with many aspects of my life, but have to continually give Jordan to him...sometimes several times a day. Once a mom has lost a child...or children...it is easier to fear that the only child left will be taken away as well.
I watched in horror AGAIN as the news talks of yet another school shooting. I want to put Jordan in a bubble, keep her home and keep her safe. (NO...this is not the reason we home school, but it doesn't hurt either!) I have to remember that Jordan is on loan to me. She is God's daughter and he will take care of her. I release my worry when she is away...sometimes several times. I know it is worse for me since I have lost 6 babies and know how quickly life can slip away. I know that God is in control and that sometimes things happen out of his control. My head knows all of this...I just have to remind my heart from time to time.
There are 6 families that will never be the same after today: one has lost a son, 5 are spending the night in the hospital with injured children and one family has a son in jail. Their lives changed in a split second this morning.
The best we can do as moms is to love our children...and tell them! Teach them how to stay safe and pray that God will watch over them. Roots and wings...that's what we need to give them!
May God be with the families affected by today's shooting and the teenagers that have to return to school this week...to a place that used to feel safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment