Thursday, March 24, 2011

UN-vacation

That's what I am officially calling this. I am in IL with my family on the eve of my 2nd ERCP. Spent 5 1/2 hours at the doctor's office today...mostly waiting to meet the all-famous doc. The procedure is scheduled for 9:30 am tomorrow & will take 45 min to 1 hour. He said I will be in pain from the stints (until they come out on Mon) and they will probably make me nauseous. (FUN!) The good thing is...I will have good meds!!! I'll be on a liquid diet at the hospital all weekend & a nutritionist will come talk to me about my new low-fat diet: less than 20g for the next month and less than 30g from there after. I'm not sure how much we consume now, but it isn't that much. We try to be healthy for the most part.

My mom said to look at the hospital stay as a vacation, but it is feeling more like an UN-vacation. Today wasn't my idea of fun and tomorrow isn't at all by choice. BUT...I will get a good nap!!

So, thank you again for the many prayers. I ask that you pray for a smooth procedure, not a lot of pain and nausea and that this works!! Thank you & I'll update as soon as I'm lucid enough to do so.

No comments: