Saturday, September 18, 2010

This bunny



During school on Thursday, I noticed that Gracie, our bunny, had diarrhea. GI problems can be potentially fatal for bunnies. SO...Jordan became hysterical, I got on the phone to find a vet that handles "exotic" pets, because bunnies are considered "exotic" and we prayed. What I haven't posted about through the whole lizard incident and everything is that Lance has been in Missouri visiting his family and meeting his new nephew. Of course, all of this has to happen while he is miles away.

In the end, Gracie is fine. Some meds for her tummy and a check on her in the middle of the night and she is back to her usually self!!! It's so nice to see her back to hopping around and into mischief!!!! Jordan really loves this bunny...and I'm getting more attached to her every day too. What a day!!!

1 comment:

Bethanator said...

Poor gracie! I definitely know what it's like to have a pet sick! I have so many pets and it just makes me so sad when I see them not feeling well. : (
I'm so glad she is feeling better! That is great news! I have a bunny too and I've read about the GI problems bunnies can get. My bunny, when I first got her, and everytime we move her cage or make anything different around her...she gets diarhea. And it's really gross because it gets all matted in her fur and she can't "go" anymore because there is nowhere for it to go!! And she hates being held under the faucet to rinse it all away! okay, i think i'm getting to graphic here. The point is I totally sympathize with you!