Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Book

I've never been much of a reader, but as I get older (no comment, Jordan!) I find myself enjoying books more and more. I'm reading a really good book right now written by a Pastor's wife. High Call, High Privilege by Gail MacDonald. Marilyn, our spouse/family leader at Asbury, recommended it and I am just now getting around to reading it. It is a great book!! I think I am getting more out of it now than when I tried to read it in seminary. This woman tells it like it is...being a pastor's wife. She also explains that our survival in the ministry is dependent on ourselves "keeping our fire for God burning". Good stuff and I'm only in the second chapter!! SO, if there are any pastor's wives, wives of missionaries or wives of anyone that is serving in any capacity (youth, children, counseling...), I highly recommnd this book!

2 comments:

jikorte said...

I am glad you are reading more! There is such a wonderful world in books!!! Sounds like your book is good.

I think our bible study is going to read "Crazy Love" after the holidays. Maybe you could read it too and we could discuss it.

Bethanator said...

books are good! i love reading! (at least i still do now....from the looks of the syllabi it might get old). I'm sure I'll still love it tho! I think I did at least as much or maybe more reading at Mercy than what is listed on the syllabi here. And we had class twice a day too! so i think Mercy has well prepared me! in more ways than reading...

Anyway, books are great! I'm glad you found a good one!