Monday, September 13, 2010

I got out!

I went to a meeting at church yesterday by myself! I realized as I left the house that this was the first time I've driven to church alone. Wierd. I met with a great group of ladies to plan the fall festival in October and a baby shower this coming weekend. It was fun to be out and planning activities again. The shower is for a military wife who has no family here. We are giving her a shower for her 2nd baby (who was born in June) to help her with some essentials and just show her we care. I've heard of these 2nd baby showers called "sprinkles". I like that!! It will be a nice day for her and another outing for me next weekend!

We're working on meeting some homeschooling families and have connected with 2 families in particular. Hopefully that will help with the friend situation, for me and Jordan. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Glad you got out of the house! :)

Jordan said...

Yeah, It was weird to be w/ just dad again!