Someone in Wilmore said that life as a missionary looks a whole lot better from Wilmore, KY. (In so many words.) They may be right. Don't get me wrong, life in ministry is going to be rich and full of many blessings, but it is not at all what I expected before leaving our little bubble in Kentucky. I knew to expect some wierd hours, some stressful times, some fatigue...I just didn't expect it in the first 2 weeks in ministry. Lance has essentially been Baptized by fire already and we've not even been here a month. He's had hospital visits, counseling, a church issue and his first funeral. That happened around the usual pastoral duties, such as writing sermons and running a church in general. Some days we only see him for about an hour between the day's work and a nightly meeting. We've learned to really enjoy the time we have with him and know that this too shall pass.
As for me and Jordan, we have the house unpacked and looking like home. We've been busy keeping up with mowing the lawn and trying to get me cleared to work. There are times during the day that I miss our friends and family so much, but those times are not long and are usually fixed by a phone call, e-mail or facebook post. (Gotta love this information age we are in.)
Florida continues to be true to it's form. It is really HOT!! (Not unlike most of the US right now, I've heard.) The spot storms are fast and the rain comes down in buckets!!! We really like going to the beach!! And...I now have affirmation that we have snakes. Oh, yes...BIG, BLACK snake in the yard when I went to finish mowing today. (It moved in the direction of the mower that I was heading to.) YIKES!! At least it wasn't poisonous. Needless to say, Lance finished mowing today.
Sorry for the long post. For those of you that made it through this, bless you! There has been so much going on. Lots of activity here!
Our church family is wonderful and all 3 of us feel extremely blessed to be here!! (Though, I could do without the snakes)
1 comment:
I am enjoying your thoughts of Florida and life there. Wilmore misses you.
Post a Comment