"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forest Gump
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Humble thyself...
That's how I am feeling right now...simply humbled at God's grace and mercy. If I had any idea 4 years ago that God had this plan for us. To bring us here to this beautiful place to serve at this church, I would not have believed him. I still have to pinch myself to think that we live less than 4 miles from the beach! And yet, the people at SPUMC are some of the nicest, most loving people I've met! They have such hope in what Lance is going to do for them and the church. It scares him that their expectations are too high, but I know God has a purpose and has put him, us, right where we are supposed to be. And I know it is not going to be easy, but these people have brought us in and are loving us with a godly love that cannot be explained. I hold fast to the hope that God has a plan for us to prosper and to not fail. God will lead Lance and this church and good things will flow. It's neat on a Sunday morning to watch how 4 years of seminary and a life of growth in our Lord are flowing through Lance and leading a flock. Thank you God for your unfailing grace and mercy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment