Monday, September 7, 2009

A big decision...

We had a bad experience with our placing agency for the adoption last week. We were essentially posed with a situation (us and about 30 other families) and told to think about it and make a decision by Friday. That would mean to let them know if we want our profile shown to a birthmom w/ a preemie born last Tuesday. We prayed over the situation and on Thursday afternoon (24 hours before the deadline) we gave a YES!! We found out 1 1/2 hrs later that she had narrowed her search already. Essentially...the agency was showing profiles while the rest of us were considering the situation. We never had a chance. I awoke Friday morning with a loss as if I had suffered a miscarriage.

We were due to update our homestudy this next week (more $) and have decided to stop the adoption process. In addition to the emotion of now 2 failed adoptions, not getting a chance w/ this baby and now not trusting our placing agency...we simply can't do it anymore. I am so thankful for our wonderful family for understanding this decision and supporting us for all of these years of trying to add to our family.

As I watched Jordan give the Children's Moment at church in Missouri yesterday and listened to my husband speak about Brazil, I realized my life is VERY full and my family is complete. Lance & I are SO thankful to God for the gift of Jordan. We'll be okay...all three of us. Afterall, we are the Whorton-3!!!

Maybe we should get a puppy....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Only a BIIG Outside dog will capably fill the void in our lives!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is from Lance not, Laurie

Mom W.E. said...

Your life is very full and your family has a great Mom in you. Sometimes it takes more to be a Mom of one...than a mom of a dozen, cause ...then you have help from all the other kids (like the Duggers). I know my son needs all the attention (and help) he can get too! Lovoe, Mom W.E.