Monday started off with a sick kid. "I've got a headache" was not the reply I wanted when I went to wake Jordan Monday morning. Turns out she has the flu...most likely H1N1 as a friend she was with over the weekend tested positive on Monday. Our week has been spent in a blur of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, cough medicine, lots of fluids and juggling schedules. The good thing is that this is not any worse than any other flu bug she has had. A year and a half ago she did this (well, not H1N1) and we did not get her fever to break for 4 or 5 solid days. This time around she gets a fever break for a few hours in the afternoon (medicated break in fever). She said she is thankful for that break. I'm not sure she'll ever stop coughing!!
Then, Lance called me yesterday afternoon and his metal implant prep thing in his mouth worked loose after he ate a banana. So...rush trip to the oral surgeon this morning and I am home w/ Jordan. I am thankful for the families I work for and their flexibility!!!
Not sure how Lance & I have stayed healthy through all of this. We do have her quarantined upstairs and that must be the key. Hoping for a good weekend and a healthier kid!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment