Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seventh Grade





We have now survived 2 days of 7th grade. I am now actually able to say that Jordan is in 7th grade without that "feeling" in my stomach and a lump in my throat. I've read posts about friends and their children's first day of kindergarden or 1st grade. I remember those days...seems like only yesterday we were embarking on this homeschooling journey. And now...2 years to HIGH SCHOOL! YIKES!

Jordan is again being homeschooled this year and we are using "Switched on Schoolhouse" on the computer. (Not internet based, but computer based.) So far she likes it and says it doesn't even feel like school. She is also attending band at the local middle school and will continue with art class w/ a local artist/homeschooling dad. We'll have a busy year running to band 5 days/week and art class once a week. I'm excited to see her art pieces this year and really looking forward to her 1st band concert w/ this big band!! FUN!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Glad things are off to a great start! 7th grade?! Wow - big stuff! Congrats to you and Lance on raising such an amazing daughter!

Mom W.E. said...

This is a really cute picture of our girl!!! Mom W.E.

jikorte said...

7th Grade! Hmmm. Need to get a brick for her head.