SO...at breakfast yesterday, Carlos mentioned that Lance would be preaching at the service at Vila Pantanal that afternoon. Lance thought he was kidding. Well...on our way to church, Audir affirmed that Lance was indeed preaching at the service...in 10 minutes!! Lance had prepared a sermon before we came and luckily remembered most of it. I have to say...I think it was his best sermon!! God definately took over and allowed Lance to talk to the people in a profound way!
Vila Pantanal is where Audir is the pastor. She has taken on this church in a VERY poor area on the edge of Curitiba. It gets cold here at night...very cold and my heart aches for how cold they must be living in those small, wooden houses along a stream. (I am sleeping in sweats and have 2 comforters on our bed to keep warm.) We will go back and see the school on Wednesday. We have some craft items to take to the children...it will be neat to see them get excited about them!!
There were a few children at the church last night. I'll tell you...these Brazilian children are simply beautiful!! They crave and seek out attention and affection. In the 5 minutes after service last night, Lance had a little girl (4-5 years old) wanting him to hold her. Of course, he did. And somehow had her laughing!! God is surely in this place!!
No comments:
Post a Comment