We've been busy today! This morning Jordan & I helped get stuff ready for VBS. We cut out estrelas (stars) and corazons (hearts) for the children while Lance helped organize clothes and shoes for the store. He then helped unload a truck at the church with about 5000 pounds of supplies for the week (clothes, housewares, etc...) I watched the same truck w/ supplies at the school as well with LOTS of rice and beans!! :)
After lunch, we marched the streets of Mafra to advertise July for Jesus. They had a few men on a truck w/ speakers telling of the week and playing Christian music. A group dressed up as mimes, clowns, insects... Jordan was an ant (see picture). It was neat to see the townspeople all curious about us. I can't wait to love on them when they come to the school.
Jordan is meeting a few little girls here, but they are all pretty shy. She is reserved w/ speaking Portuguese and Loisa is timid w/ the little English she knows. We're going to have Pedro (Paulo's brother) translate a little for them so they are more comfortable.
I wish I could say in words what it is like to be here. The Brazilians we are working with are so passionate and have such a love for Jesus. They are very curious about us and want to talk to us and take our pictures. Many of them have commented about how beautiful Jordan is!! I think they are especially fond of her green eyes. Many of the ladies want to kiss her (on the cheek like the French) and hug her.
The weather is beautful, but the nights are cold. I could see my breath in the hotel room this morning. (They don't have any heat.) We are thankful for many blankets and Lance & I were so thankful for our Brazilian coffee this morning!!
It is taking awhile to upload pictures on Lance's old computer, but I'll try to upload a slide show in the next day or two.
Obrigada (thank you) to all of our family and friends in the US who are praying for us. Our health is good, our hearts are warm and we are learning to worship God in a new way!! Continue to pray as we work with the people in Mafra this week and that we touch their hearts for God!!
No comments:
Post a Comment