Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Getting impatient

So...the weekend went rather well in terms of my recovery, but I feel as though I have digressed. Sunday night and yesterday brought more pain, nausea and the ever dreaded stomach ache. I didn't sleep much Sunday night and ended up back on the big pain med yesterday. I called the nurse at the surgeon's office. She said it is still early in my recovery. I need to continue to eat bland foods (which I was for the most part), and rest (which I was having trouble doing). I think I took the pain med away too quickly and expected to feel better too quickly. So...back to the big drug yesterday and I rested all afternoon and most of the evening. Gave in and took the pain med and phenyrgen at bedtime and slept through the night. WHEW!

Going to work tomorrow is questionable. If I have pain today like yesterday, there is no way I can go to work. I'm going to see how my day goes. I'm just really ready to feel better. This has been going on for a long time!!

1 comment:

amberly said...

so sorry, friend. i pray the healing goes further faster today.