So...after feeling like I had some closure w/ the home health position last week, there was more that happened yesterday. I got a call from the nurse I work w/ and went in to see her. Our supervisor told her to give any new patients to me & Lance. I didn't know what to do w/ this information. Just a few days ago, they took ALL of our patients away. I have restructured my work week, called to get more babies to see and Lance opened up another hour at his job to see more patients. After all, we have a budget to keep. We sat down at lunch and decided we would see patients in the town we live in...and no more.
Later in the day, I finally got a chance to talk to my supervisor, who had talked to the "big boss" of the agency. They apparently never intended to replace us, just wanted to fill up the full time PT until he got busy in the main office. This was never communicated to me & she apologized for this. (Their bad..not my problem.) Furthermore, she again (for the 6th time in 2 years) asked if we would travel to a town 30 miles from here to provide services and for the 6th time I said NO. I don't have time for that much travel while working only 3 days a week...it doesn't make sense when I can see my kids closer to home and not have wasted time on the road.
Then...she asked what our per visit and hourly (office) wages are. She said that they are number crunching and hoping to bump us up to the same level as our co-workers!! WHAT!?! I knew we hadn't had a raise since starting w/ this company, but I just figured no one was getting raises. Apparently, we are on the low end of the scale while our colleagues are making more. (One of the PTs in our part of the company has 12 years less experience than I do)
If you have read this far...bless you. I really needed an outlet as this is starting to get to me. Lance & I are to sit down w/ the supervisor this week. I feel bad for her in a way. Because of their lack of communication to us...she may be left without a PT for most of the area our office serves. (Since Lance & I will probably only serve in our hometown.)
Mostly, I am confused and hurt. I still feel like I am getting no respect from this agency. 1- Salary is apparently lower than my co-workers. 2-not communicating w/ me 3-asking me again to travel so far when they have 4-5 PTs working out of the main office that get to say no to going there.
Thanks for listening and please pray for us during this time of confusion and discernment.
No comments:
Post a Comment