Thursday, February 19, 2009

Relief...Frustration...???

It's been a long week w/ the home health agency I work with. It all started Monday when I checked in for the weekly update. The nurse I work w/ informed me that they have hired a full time PT (I am PRN). I was essentially replaced with no warning. This is a good move for the agency...they need a full time PT to handle the growth they are seeing. I would have liked a warning...some input on the transition between my seeing the patients and the new PT. I've spent the week not knowing if I was still working for them or not, not hearing anything from the supervisors I work with...just pieces from the PTA I work with. As of today, I have turned over all but 2 of my patients and will essentially be done with this part of my job. I guess I am officially self-employed. It is a wierd feeling since we have relied on the home health income to support us since we moved here. I am dealing with the hurt of not being told, of being blind-sided out of a position. I feel they don't respect me enough as an employee, professional or person to talk to me and tell me what is being planned. Forgiveness will come in time...not sure when. As for now, I am looking at my schedule as it is much lighter and much less stressful. As for now, I am relishing in the reward I get from seeing the children I work with excel in ways even I didn't imagine. I have always prayed for things to be "blatantly obvious"...well, you don't get more obvious than this!!!

No comments: