Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hmmm...

So, I have an infection in my stomach/small intestine called H. Pylori. At least that is what the GI doc is treating me for right now. He is not convinced this is the complete cause of my symptoms, but cannot send me further until this is cleared up. No one knows how this bacteria gets into your system or why some people have symptoms and others don't. I am on two antibiotics (3000 mg total), 4 doses of pepto a day & 2 doses of Prilosec a day. YUCK!

Lance & Jordan have to be tested because they are in the house and it is spread by close contact (kissing, sharing drinks, etc...). They are bummed to possibly have to be treated w/o symptoms.

I go back to see if the infection is gone in 6 weeks and we go from there. If my symptoms are gone...YEA! If this isn't the cause, then on to another doc for the ERCP. Seems like an easy fix if this is it. A big course of antibiotics for 10 days and that's it...lets hope and pray that's it!!

No comments: