Friday, February 11, 2011

FRUSTRATED!!!

So...we drove 3 hours, ONE WAY, to see a specialist who could do the ERCP if I indeed need to have one. (Also the reason to see the specialist, for a 2nd opinion of sorts.) We get into the room and the doctor walks in. First of all, she doesn't have all of my records from the doc here; only the endoscope results. What part of "send my medical record" wasn't clear to them? Furthermore, this doctor believes I need to have a repeat ERCP and she is skilled to do the procedure, but they don't have the equipment to do it. WHAT!?!?! It says on the website that they do!! Here's the deal: they do ERCPs, they just can't measure the pressures of the 2 sphincters, which is what I need. SHEESH!!!

Her suggestion is to go to a specialized doctor who performs these A LOT and has the specialized equipment to do what I need. PROBLEM: all the places on the list are 11-12 hours away!

So...I called and started the process for the clinic that is in St. Louis. At least both of our families are close and we would have a place to stay. Lance could leave me if I get hospitalized and he would know I would be in good hands.

SO...6 hours in a car, a deductible, lunch on the road and lots of wasted time and we have no real answers except that this doc agrees w/ my current GI doc that I probably need a 2nd ERCP. That is also the answer I was not looking for.

Thanks for allowing me to rant a bit. I'll be gathering the medical records on my own and faxing them to St. Louis. Hopefully I'll get this overwith soon!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'll second the SHEESH! So sorry you are going through this. Hope you get some relief soon! ((HUGS))