Saw a GI doc here today. Lance & I both really liked him! Here is the plan: he re-ran my bloodwork from 2 weeks ago to compare counts. (Checking liver & pancreas panels.) I'm having an endoscope tomorrow to check for blockages or anything abnormal in the stomach/upper part of the small intestine. If that is normal, then I will be scheduled for a test to measure the time it takes my stomach to empty. If that is okay, then I will have an MRCP to check my bile duct. If my bile is not moving well enough (which is what we all suspect), I will have a 2nd ERCP done. The hospital here is not equipped to do it, so we will drive 5 hours for the procedure. This doc thinks I will get pancreatitis this time and says I was lucky to not get it last time. I plan to prove him wrong. I believe in the power of prayer and will have every person I know praying for pancreatitis to stay away and will sail through the 2nd one like I did the 1st...if we have to do it. One step at a time.
I like his conservative approach and the fact that he is referring me out if I need to be. That to me is a good doctor.
Thanks for your continued prayers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment