Saturday, December 25, 2010

2010

It's hard to imagine how many changes have happened in our family in the course of just 12 months. I sit here thinking about it and it almost makes my head spin.

Jordan turned 13 and we have been thrust into parenting a teenager. That in itself would wear anyone out. :) Lance graduated from Seminary and we moved 3 states away to live in a completely different part of the US than we have ever lived. We found ourselves once again adjusting to new life through transition to a new state. Lance began working at his appointed church as PASTOR and we eased into life as a pastoral family. That only takes us to JULY!!

In August, I made a career change, choosing to work from home and be more available for Jordan (and Lance and the church). New job: workman's comp record reviews. Completely different than any job I've had. Also in August, I lost my grandfather, but we also had a nephew born. Baby Ian arrived safe and healthy!!!

October brought me one year closer to that age of 40 and not at all feeling a year older! Hee hee.

In November we were able to see our God-daughter get Baptized and see how much she and her big sister have grown. A reminder of how far we live from friends.

And that brings us to December. I now realize that in the short 6 months we've been here, St. Paul has become our church home. As I served Communion on Christmas Eve to a group of people that were once strangers, I felt a warmth of love come over me. They are no longer strangers, but family...Christian family. And for that I am thankful. Thankful that we have a God that brings us together for one purpose.

So as I look back on this year, I am thankful. Thankful for a Savior that came to Earth as a small baby, but died for me...for my sins. I feel blessed that I can share His love with others and that He knows what is best for me and is ahead of me in each situation...sometimes before I have the chance to ask.

Merry Christmas to the friends and family that continue to follow me (us) in this journey of service in Him.

No comments: