I'm not sure when things got so busy. Two weeks ago Jordan & I flew into StL to see my family in IL. What a blast! We had a great weekend!!! It was all too apparent as we flew out that Monday that I essentially don't feel like anywhere is home. (A byproduct of transition.) I was glad to be back in FL with Lance, but this is not yet "home" in a true sense of the word. I still feel like I'm on vacation. :)
I never realized how busy the holidays get for a pastoral family!! There's hanging of the greens, get-togethers, cantadas, kids' programs...all so fun, but our weekends are packed until January!! I worry about Lance as he works extra hours trying to get ahead on sermons to be off some for Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's also had a funeral and wedding thrown in...just for added variety.
Jordan is keeping ME busy! Daily band, home schooling, youth group, "play dates", band auditions, band outings, cantada rehearsal and tonight we are going to the midnight showing of the Harry Potter 7th Movie-part 1. WHEW!! No wonder I'm so tired!!
While in Highland I was asked what my duties are as a pastor's wife...ummm...everything other than what the pastor does. Hee hee! I keep the house running so he can keep the church running...yup! There's no specific job description...although, I don't think he has one either!
So, if posts are slim the next several weeks, be graceful with me. It's going to be a busy season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment