Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hoping for better health...

I've been holding off posting about this...mostly because we've had more fun things going on here and because I don't want to sound like a big complainer. BUT...it is time to post and request prayer for myself. I had my gallbladder taken out almost a year ago and while I haven't been 100%, for awhile I was much better. Around the fall/winter I started feeling worse and my symptoms progressed to getting much worse at the beginning of January. On 1/23 I was in the ER with pain in my upper abdomen/chest and wrapping around to my back. It was worse than any gallbladder attack I have had.

I've had 2 lesser "attacks" since then and today had another pretty strong one that lasted about 9 hours. The pain was similar to what sent me to the ER, just not as constant (thank God I got some relief between bouts of pain), accompanied by nausea, etc...

I am scheduled for an ERCP next Thursday (4/8), in which the doctor will send a scope down my esophagus and investigate for a possible blockage in my bile duct. This is a common complication of gallbladder surgery. He will remove the blockage and hopefully send me home that day. The biggest risk is pancreatitis and if that occurs, I will be hospitalized until it resolves. Please pray that my system calms down and the next week is less painful and symptomatic for me. After being sick on and off for a year, a day like this really wears on me!! Also, I am coveting prayers for next Thursday that the doctor can fix what is wrong without the complication of pancreatitis!! Thank you for reading...and praying!!!!

No comments: