Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lots of ice!




We have about 1/2 inch of ice on the ground and temps are hovering at 30 degrees. Lance has shoveled the ice twice just to keep the driveway open. We're going to attempt a trip to see Paulo and Ju tonight, but more ice is on the way! The phones are not working right, the roads are a mess, school has already been cancelled for tomorrow and I just cancelled my morning of kids. The governor has issued a state of emergecy--WOW!! So far the power is still on here, but is out in some parts of the county. We'll be heading to a hotel if we lose power...no gas here!!

I stayed in my PJ's til 10:00, got caught up on paperwork from the last 2 days and took a nap. Rather relaxing I must say! Jordan has enjoyed a day of playing with her friends in the neighborhood. Lance had a final and went to work, but walked to both and was home by 2:30. All in all a nice "ice" day. :)

No comments: