Sunday, December 14, 2008

If I were a pessimist...




I would have nothing but complaints about our weekend at Cumberland Falls. We went to try to catch the moonbow. Friday night was not only cloudy, but snowing...big time. No moon to see a moonbow. The sky cleared at about 10:30 pm...too late for a moonbow. Our room at the lodge was so small we could hardly move in it. Then, we decide that Saturday night will be clearer and decide to stick around for the big moonbow Sat night. We even cancelled dinner with friends. (The moon was to be the brightest it has been in 15 years.) The day was clear...until about 4-5 pm...clouds. We spent 45 minutes in the cold waiting for just 5 minutes of clear skies to see the moonbow...nothing.

BUT...I am not a pessimist. We had a great time together as a family!! We ate at Sonny's BBQ, watched a movie to kill time and saw some beautiful scenery sprinkled with snow. I did catch a rainbow in the mist on Saturday morning! Jordan laughed for almost the entire time...she thought all of this was quite funny! On our way home after being out in the cold, we took gift cards to Starbucks for some yummy hot drinks. We may book a flight to Zimbabwe to see the only other moonbow in the world. Maybe our chances would be better! (Just kidding)

No comments: