Saturday, July 2, 2011

One Year




So, we've been here a year. It's hard to believe! Life as a pastor's wife is different than I had thought it would be, but it's good...really good. I spend much of my time taking care of our home & Jordan so that Lance is free to be a pastor. I am working 2 part time jobs, which also keep me very busy. We spend our free time at the beach...what could be better? Life is good!!!

Lance is going to do a top ten list tomorrow at church & I thought I would re-post it here:

Top 10 Things I didn’t learn in Seminary:

10. When Joe Nicholson (a church member) says “Do you want a Boat Ride,” it doesn’t matter that there is a 50 mph wind and 4 foot waves, you’re going on a boat ride!
9. All the plants in Florida have thorns and all the fish have teeth!
8. Why are there Bears in Florida?
7. Lizards can get into the house through the smallest openings!
6. Jordan says chasing mom around the house with lizards is fun
5. Why had I never been to a crab boil before moving here?
4. In the North, shrimp cost too much to waste on a sandwich. (Shrimp Po-Boys are awesome!)
3. You really do need an extra room for guests when you move to Florida
2. Do not swim on a red flag day- but the life guards are really nice
1. St. Paul has made my family feel more loved and accepted than we could ever have imagined!

We have been blessed in more ways than we can count since moving here! I am looking forward to what God has in store for us in the years to come!

No comments: