Despite Lance's frustration in me saying it, this really is a year of "lasts". We know that in June we are leaving this beautiful state. In a way having a year of "lasts" is a way of saying goodbye...of letting go. So...this was the last year of seeing our beautiful Gingko trees drop their leaves. They drop in just a matter of a few days, like rain. And the leaves are the most beautful, bright yellow you'll ever see. And then, after they've dropped there is about 2 inches of leaves on the ground for the kids to play in. These trees are an icon here!
I found out more about these beloved trees last night at the inaugeration of our new president. The seedlings for these very trees were brought here from China by the founder of the seminary, Henry Clay Morrison in 1923. He brought the seedlings here as a symbol of how we are to reach out to the world. WOW!! Okay...now I'm really obsessed with these trees!! Good thing I got a lot of pictures!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment