Monday, June 9, 2008

Roots and Wings

Someone once told me...and it may have been my mom...that you have to give your children roots from which to grow and wings to fly. My "baby" is on her way to Hawaii tomorrow morning. So far the journey has gone well. No tears (from me or Jordan) when we said goodbye yesterday. They are at a hotel near the airport for the night and fly out in the morning. Last thing Jordan said to me this evening, "Mommy, I'll call you when I get to Hawaii." Wow! It is weird knowing she will be there...so far away. What an experience!!

Saturday night I found myself praying in a way I didn't realize I would ever get to pray. I prayed for Jordan and her safety, of course. I was also praying for our new baby...one that we had a chance at getting after a call from the agency Saturday night. After learning more about this little one, we had to pass. He has some brain damage from prematurity. We are okay. God gave us both discernment. Our baby is out there...waiting for us to find him/her. The thing that struck me Saturday night was that for the first time in years I was praying for my "baby" here at home and our baby yet to come. What a great feeling...almost tangible!! To be able to love a little being that I don't even know. I pray for this little guy and his new family. I pray for our baby that we don't even know...

May God watch over both of my babies...

No comments: