I was so saddened to hear of the loss of our African missionary, Ole, who was killed in a car accident in Africa. He has been connected with our home church for several years through two of our members. We have learned a lot from Ole...mostly how to have deep faith in God even when basic necessities in life aren't provided. Ole's tribe in Kenya, the Maasai, has been without water for decades. The women walk to get water and the trip takes an entire day. We prayed for a well to be dug and the Maasai to have water. I remember Ole saying to us in church, "I know God will give us water because HHUMC is praying for us". Ole was a great man, deeply rooted in the Christian faith. He leaves behind a wife and 5 children. Our hearts ache for those who love and remember this amazing person!
http://www.nosimmaasaimission.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment